For Online PR / Hype / Music Promotion Call 08074130688
In an interview with Mr. Adeniyi Rasaq, chairman EREDO LCDA, And this is what he has to say about his family and the people of EREDO LCDA.
1. What is is your name?
Saliu, Adeniyi Rasaq
2. Where are you from and where do you reside?
I am from igbooye and reside at odoragunshin, both in Eredo LCDA, EPE.
3. Can you tell us about yourself?
Niyi Saliu was Managing Director of Accentril Global Services Limited, a reputable Logistics firm in Lagos. He also sat on the boards of Commodities & Financial Services Limited and Boston Advisory Limited. Prior to joining Accentril.
Niyi worked in the Institution’s Division of BGL Securities Limited as Divisional Head. At BGL, he was responsible for fixed income transactions – origination and execution, business development with pension fund administrators, insurance companies, fund managers, hedge funds, and other institutional clients He has over 18years of professional Insurance, Logistics, and Investment banking experience. He has a master’s degree in Managerial Psychology from the University of Lagos. He is an Associate Member of the Nigerian Institute of Management, he is also a Certified Management Consultant from the Chartered Institute of Management Consultants (CIMC) Canada.
He was elected and assumed office as Chairman, Eredo LCDA on July 25th, 2017.
4. We heard you are the current chairman of EREDO LCDA?
Yes, to the glory of GOD.
5. As the chairman of EREDO LCDA, do you face many difficult challenges in relating to the people of eredo?
No, eredo lcda is one big family. The people care for one another. Hence, relating to one another is very easy owing to the common goal of community development.
6. What and what have you done for the people of eredo?
- Free eye screening and issuance of free eyeglasses to women and children.
- Flagged-off of Measles Immunization for children from ages 1-5 in the LCDA.
- Donation of 6.5KVA Generating Set to IBOWON PHC.
- Celebration of World Cancer Day 2018.
- Upgrading of MOJODA plc.
- Donation of baby materials to mentally challenged mother/child
- Organized Christmas Kiddies Funfair
- Organized MATH-ATHON Competition for Primary school Pupils.
- Launching of Eredo Primary Schools Intervention Scheme/ School Supplies programme.
- Organized of Spelling Bee competition for school pupils
- Empowering youths in different vocations at NOIC Gbagada, Lagos.
- Perimeter Fencing of LGA Primary School Igbooye.
- Ongoing Construction of 6 Blocks of Classroom at LGA Igbooye with Administrative offices and Conveniences.
- Construction of 6 Nos. ultra modern toilets with borehole and generating set that will power the borehole at Mojoda market.
- Inauguration/flag-off of Cleaner Environment initiative.
- Grading of Roads across the 5 wards in the LCDA.
- Construction of Boreholes in the 5 wards at the LCDA.
- Renovation and upgrading of the Ajebowale market at Ibowon.
- Renovation and upgrading of the administrative block at Council secretariat.
- Renovation and upgrading of works and housing department at Council Secretariat.
- Continuous Clearing of Community Roads.
- Recruitment of additional Gardeners and upgrading of their salaries from N10,000 to N20,000 monthly.
- Ground Breaking of Eredo Millennium Estate at Ora.
- Ground Breaking of Lady Doja Otedola Shopping Mall.
- Receiving of the Best LCDA at the Lagos State year 2017 World Food Day Celebration.
- Hosting of Farmer’s Week Celebration 2017 at the Council Celebration.
- Hosting Of MAGORTEIN FEED MILL
- Organization of Regular Peace and Security Meeting
- Upgrading and Training of the Local Vigilante Group (MUWON)
- Hosting of Investors from Turkey on Solar Partnership.
- Holding of Conference on Tilapia Fish Farming through WILLING HANDS INTERNATIONAL.
- YOUTH / WOMEN EMPOWERMENT
- Empowering youth in different vocations at NOIC Gbagada, Lagos.
- Empowerment of 50 widows and 50 Aged people at 100 days in office.
7. Is this your 1st or 2nd term as chairman on the seat?
My 1st term
8. When did your political career kick-off?
Over 15 years ago.
9. Are you married with kids, if yes, how do you cope with being a father to your kids and being a father to the people of Eredo?
Yes, I am happily married with kids and family is everything. I’m very lucky to have a great support system that understands the nature of my work and the true meaning of service. This helps me achieve the right balance needed to work both fronts to safety.
10. What’s your plan for 2023?
To deliver more dividends of democracy to the good people of Eredo LCDA while serving my second term in office by the grace of god
11. has the coronavirus affected any of your plans to the people of eredo?
The pandemic has affected everything and everyone in the whole world as well as some of our plans and projects for this year. However, we are still working. The reliefs we give out to residents of the LCDA from time to time during this pandemic is part of the work aimed at improving the standard of living of our people.
12. what and what did you do to reduce the hunger rate in eredo during the lockdown?
We provided over 2,500 relief packages especially food items – rice, beans, garri, pepper etc.to residents with particular attention to the aged, widows, orphans, physically challenged, nursing mothers, and pregnant women. we collaborated with various non-governmental organizations that supported us. other useful materials such as hand sanitizers, face masks, hand wash, and tissue were given out accompanied by sensitization on their use and the need to maintain great hygiene.
13. As the man of the people, do you support girl child education?
Yes, I do because the benefits are numerous and will be beneficial to society at large. There is a saying which goes “train a woman, build a nation”. We, therefore, take this very seriously.
14. what are you presently working on to improve the development of eredo?
We are working on life-enriching and impacting projects such as:
– School renovations &construction (where necessary)
– Market building
– Health facilities upgrade
– Provision of solar lights etc.